Friday, July 07, 2006

Last year

I was tangentially involved, through my fiancee who got on the tube at Edgware Road and was under Kings Cross on the way to Liverpool Street when the bombs went off. Looking back my overwhelming impression is of attempting to control a sense of panic, and feverishly checking websites for news.

I'd refer anyone to Rachel's blog. She manages to convey a sense not of anger, but of a search for understanding. Not for the perpetrators so much as for herself. I won't pretend to understand all she went through, but I would just like to tip the hat in genuine respect.

Best not to read the comments in this piece though. There are times when I wonder about the collective sanity of people on the net...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home