Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Implied rebuke...

DK, in a well-merited post on the execrable Neil Harding, touches, as well on the inherent foolishness of one of Neil's posts, on a slightly different matter. This is to what extent a blog should act as a one-eyed sounding-board for its preferred (or least un-preferred) party. As the title of this blog suggests, I am a Tory voter, though not member, and I suspect that I am prone to bias on this point.

In my defence, I can only say that, had I been blogging on the Tory Party under the leadership of Duncan Smith, I would have been much less inclined to the moderately roseate view that this blog veers towards. Is it good enough though, to say that, because you wish one party actual harm, you should avoid criticising the other? DK is considerably better than this than I am, as are the folks at EU Referendum, but the implication is that neither of these are 'Tory' blogs in any sensible interpretation of the word.

Well, I will try to critique Tory policies (if and when we see any...) from my own standpoint. It's not going to be easy to offer reasoned praise for Labour policies, however, as there are so very few these days that induce anything other than frustration and anger.

1 Comments:

Blogger Devil's Kitchen said...

No implied rebuke to you, my good sir; in the end, your blog can be whatever you want it to be.

However, to counter an argument against your preferred party by simply saying, as Neil does, that the Tories were worse simply does not cut it: it is a total non-argument.

Just because x was worse, it does not make y inherently any better.

DK

12:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home